New Adult Stokesii

Feel free to post pictures, information, articles or anything else related to other skink species.
Forum rules
Topics may be anything to do with other skink species, keeping within the forum rules. Topics related to other lizard species, apart from skinks, are not permitted, but these can still be posted on the general off topic forum.
DianaBlueTongue
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

New Adult Stokesii

Postby DianaBlueTongue » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:37 pm

I knew I had already loved these skinks but really didn't realize just how much until I finally got my hands on one. And my 2 year old daughter, Amaya, seemed to love him just as much too and this particular adult male is so amazingly calm and tolerant of handling that he even allowed her to pet him for a little while (she's very good at "nice hands" now with the other skinks and found his much spikier scales just a total scream).

Definitely need more of these. Like, lots more. lol.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.

Buddha
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan

Re: New Adult Stokesii

Postby Richard.C » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:14 pm

Quite placcid for egernia skinks the gidgees,some are more tolerant of handling than others,a few members in here breed them diana,so getting more dhiuldnt be an issue,got to love the spiny tailed egernias
Scotts1au
Great Scott
Great Scott

Postby Scotts1au » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:22 pm

Wow, you are getting quite the collection. Wondering what sub-species? variant that is. I was tempted to buy some a few years ago as a breeding/family group but the adults were no more than 20cm long and much darker.

I'm no expert, in fact just did a google and came up with this.. http://nswfmpa.org/Husbandry%20Manuals/ ... 0Skink.pdf

But I rarely see reference to s.sp when I seen them for sale.
If you wait, all that happens is that you get older. M. Andretti
DianaBlueTongue
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby DianaBlueTongue » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:49 pm

haha, yeah, we have a pretty big collection, my husband it as crazy about reptiles as I am. I'm pretty well obsessed with Aussie reptiles, other then the skinks I keep pure diamond pythons, woma pythons, and soon aussie water dragons.

Its a shame though here in the states I don't think many stokesii are known to the sub species. From what I understand there are 2 main subs but they've all long been bred with one another so its doubtful any pure stokesii sub species still actually exist here.

I did just very recently pick up an adult female stokesii that'll be here ater this week. My fingers, toes, hell, even eyes are crossed they like one another. Te female has never been paired and my male's been without his partner since 2013 so im hopeful they form a bond.
Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.

Buddha

Return to “Other Skink Species”