Hi there!

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Rhi
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Hi there!

Postby Rhi » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:53 pm

Hi Guys,
I'm Rhi, I live in Australia near Canberra (the capital). My husband and I have recently (2 weeks ago)purchased 2 five month old Blue tongues (Eastern I believe) we have named them Phillip and Lulu (don't know the gender but Phillip is much bigger so we gave him a male name).
Our guys live in a four foot tank, heaps of floor space but I'm not sure there's enough airflow as there's a lot of condensation and it opens from the top which seems to freak them out abit. So still a work in progress there I think.
So far we know that they both love crickets, banana, blue berries and corn, and will happily eat cos lettuce and peas and corn. Phillip is a little more settled, he spends a lot of time outside their hide, he seems to be settling in well, and doesn't mind being handled at all. Lulu spends more time in the hide, and is quicker to run back in there when we open the tank, but she does settle and is also happy to be handled.
I'll see if I can add pictures!
Rhi
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Hi there!

Postby Rhi » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:16 pm

Dakota
Snail Hunter
Snail Hunter
Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens

Postby Dakota » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:30 pm

They actually appear Northern, or maybe Northern x Eastern? Heck maybe pure Eastern since I know some Easterns can look very Northern-like. But definitely T. scincoides. :lol:
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin
Rhi
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Rhi » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:38 pm

Don't know :) either way, they are awesome ^_^ Phillip comes out to explore more then Lulu does but both are comfortable with handling and appear to enjoy a good rub under the chin.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”