Looking for Canadian BTS Breeder

Buying? Selling? Requests? Post them here. BTS ONLY!
Forum rules
This board is for BLUE TONGUE SKINKS ONLY!
astralruby
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Looking for Canadian BTS Breeder

Postby astralruby » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:21 am

Hi! I'm Bailey, I'm 22, and I've loved blue tongue skinks for years but haven't been able to get one due to my parents not allowing it when I lived at home and pets not being allowed in my college dorms. However, I've recently moved to London, Ontario and (pending solid confirmation from my landlord) I'm finally able to become a skink owner!

First though, I need to find a breeder. I'm looking for a northern blue tongue skink, preferably young but not a baby (ideally they'd be a yearling or a little younger), in Ontario or the GTA. Outside of that range would be acceptable as long as they're still in Canada, but the closer the better, I'm worried about the risks of shipping them long distances when it's so cold out.

I'm not planning on getting the skink until after January 1st, as I'll be away for two weeks over Christmas and wouldn't be able to bring the skink with me. I'm also still waiting for official confirmation from my landlord that he's okay with my having a pet, though it's technically illegal to stop me unless said pet is destructive or disturbing other tenants (so, a skink wouldn't do either), but I want to okay it with him first. Once this happens (within the next 3-4 days) I'm going to start prepping my setup for my new skink, so if you're a breeder reading this I'd be happy to share the specifics of my setup before you send them if you want to confirm they'll be well cared for.

Thanks for reading, I really love skinks and this has been my dream for years! I can assure you that any skink of mine would be extremely well loved and cared for!
tcopitho
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Re: Looking for Canadian BTS Breeder

Postby tcopitho » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:53 pm

Very excided for you!

Ask around in the 'blue tongue skink owners of Canada' facebook group. I believe there are a couple breeders of Northerns in your neck of the woods who frequent there.

Best of luck in your search!
astralruby
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Looking for Canadian BTS Breeder

Postby astralruby » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:06 am

Thank you so much! I'll look into that!

Return to “Classifieds w/Recommended Breeders List”