snails on sale

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Leigh
Leigh of the Law
Leigh of the Law

Re: Leigh and Toad

Postby Leigh » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:09 am

aggiegirl wrote:I still haven't figured out the quote thing (and I did read how to but I STILL haven't managed to do it correctly. :oops: )
Toad, I must send my daughters to your daughter for de-sensitivity training! I've always worried that my older one hated and might hurt my (oh, I mean my son's :wink: ) bluey for eating the "cute little snails."
Leigh, please do explain how raising terrestrial snails is "easy." I had them in a plastic tub that they slimed and I had to clean daily. When they had eggs, they never hatched. I would like to set something up outside. So, details please! :noknow:

I find a plant that has good snail coverage, they eat my passion flower the most, grow it in a good sized pot with a large saucer under it, keep the saucer full of water so as to act as a moat{like around a castle} the little bar stewards can gorge themselves without escaping and damaging the rest of the garden,also pesticide free. Actually I dont have to pen mine in as they live on the trellise that the flower grows on, its 6ft x12ft basically 2 fence panels long, they eat the back out of it at night and just stick to the underside of the leaf they were eating during the day.
MMMmmmmm... Something???????
LittleFoot
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Postby LittleFoot » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:01 pm

I have a snail question, when you feed them, do you feed them in some water or just leave it in their normal food dish?
LittleFoot
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Postby LittleFoot » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:10 pm

Never mind, LittleFoot answered the question for me. :lol: :lol:

He ate the sanil about a minute after I put it in her food dish, she is having a ball with it. It amazed me that she could break the shell so easily.
aggiegirl
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict

great idea

Postby aggiegirl » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:16 pm

I love your idea Leigh! I found a plant (not sure re: whether or not toxic) that the snails love. Putting the plant in a pot with a moat is genius! I will definitely give it a try! :ohyes:

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”