As Requested

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

As Requested

Postby Jenn » Fri May 25, 2007 2:01 pm

In my Baylee Thread someone requested some pictures of my other guys, so here's a start.

Frankie- The first couple of shots were taken when I first moved into my new house. I just hadn't had time to share them yet.

Checking out the extra bedroom- I call this room!

I don't know what you are doing in my room!

I kissed a toad so where is my prince?!?!

I am just so very pretty!

These next pictures are from yesterday. I have a long, thin garden along one side of my yard. I'm trying to grow tomatos, bean, strawberries (those just came up!) collard greens, arugula, acorn squash, butternut squash and green summer squash. I'm not sure I'll actually get anything. I'm not the best with growing things. The skinks love to crawl around in it though.

Taking a little rest.

Hi Mom!

I only want to look at your toes, really!
1.0 Northerns Christopher

:blueyprint:
AneesasMuse
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby AneesasMuse » Fri May 25, 2007 2:56 pm

Oh surrrre... he only wants to look :D What a cutie!!

Are Skinks as well known for being "toe monsters" as some rattie kids I know? I'll have to make note of it. As it is, I immediately curl my toes under when little furries come near. :P
"Lots of people talk to animals. Not that many listen though. That's the problem."
- Piglet
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Postby Jenn » Fri May 25, 2007 3:01 pm

I know it's sounds like a boy's name but Frankie my female northern! Some of my blueys are interested in my toes and some ignore them. I do tend to wiggle mine alot though. Frankie does love to try and eat my cat Alley's paws though because they look like her mice. This last batch of mice are white and black so I'm guessing my Benny's paws aren't going to be safe for much longer either.

Shellyjean
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby Shellyjean » Fri May 25, 2007 3:35 pm

She's beautiful! Great photos too! I love the toe shot. My Freckles has a thing for my toes but he hasn't yet tried to eat them. He gets that same look in his eye though.

I haven't gotten brave enough to introduce mine to our cat. My cat is good at mousing so I'm afraid he'd pounce. :shock:
Avatars are like shoes to me. Even though I can only wear one pair at a time, I always have a closet full!
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Postby Jenn » Fri May 25, 2007 3:52 pm

I never leave my cats alone with my skinks but I've never had any problems with them trying to pounce on them. They seem to know that they are family or something because they'll go after anything outside (they only get outside time in my fenced in backyard). I do have to watch them with Baylee though. His tail is so much longer and thinner then the rest of my guys that they eye it and sometimes stretch a paw to them.

My skinks are actually more danger to my cats. All three of my northerns have gone after Alley's white paws. There has also been some tail eyeing.

LittleFoot
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Postby LittleFoot » Fri May 25, 2007 5:45 pm

Littlefoot has never once tried to nip (yet) except for my toes...took him, the kids, and the torts to the park, took my sandals off and sat next to LittleFoot....a minute later I felt a nibble....luckily I think he was testing, he licked my toe and ambled away.
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada

Postby Zach » Fri May 25, 2007 9:28 pm

Jenn wrote:I never leave my cats alone with my skinks but I've never had any problems with them trying to pounce on them. They seem to know that they are family or something because they'll go after anything outside (they only get outside time in my fenced in backyard). I do have to watch them with Baylee though. His tail is so much longer and thinner then the rest of my guys that they eye it and sometimes stretch a paw to them.

My skinks are actually more danger to my cats. All three of my northerns have gone after Alley's white paws. There has also been some tail eyeing.

Hehe, yeah I'd be more worried about the cats being nipped. :sneaky:

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
deftones2015
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby deftones2015 » Fri May 25, 2007 10:03 pm

Pretty little guy. A lot of skinks seem to have a toe fetish even mine. He wont eat half of the fruit I give him but I go barefoot and he loves my toes lol :noknow:
Brian
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada

Postby Zach » Sat May 26, 2007 1:49 pm

deftones2015 wrote:Pretty little guy. A lot of skinks seem to have a toe fetish even mine. He wont eat half of the fruit I give him but I go barefoot and he loves my toes lol :noknow:

Sounds like Eugene! He created an eternal bond when he walked up and bit our neighbor's big toe.

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
dragonflames81
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby dragonflames81 » Sat May 26, 2007 2:08 pm

Hey Jenn, what part of CT are you from? My wife is from Torrington.
Drew
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Postby Drew » Sat May 26, 2007 9:46 pm

she is so pretty!!!
** true blooded Filipino herper!!! **
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Postby Jenn » Sun May 27, 2007 9:39 am

I'm closer to the water, in the New Haven area.

Lisa
Blue Mountains Beauty
Blue Mountains Beauty

Re: As Requested

Postby Lisa » Sun May 27, 2007 6:10 pm

Jenn wrote:In my Baylee Thread someone requested some pictures of my other guys, so here's a start.

That would be me!

Frankie looks great :love:

Do you find he has trouble walking on the timber floor? Mine sometimes do, it's like they're swimming!

Does the side of your house get full sun? You need full sun all day to grow veggies and fruit (but some things like strawberries don't like afternoon sun). Keep it organic, use lots of chook poo, and the best thing is you'll have your own home grown snails, too!

OK then, you better get back to work. That's three down (Baylee, Christopher and Frankie) .... so where's the pics of the rest of them? :lol:
1 Eastern, JUBBY, born January 2004
1 Blotchie, RALPHIE, born March 2006
1 Nutjob, SANTOS L HALPER (SANTOS), born February 2006
1 Shingle SHE'S THE FASTEST, born Feb 2008
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Postby Jenn » Sun May 27, 2007 7:10 pm

I can only steal my mom's camera for so many days at a time. The part of my yard that the garden is on pretty much gets sun most of the day. I didn't add anything to the garden this year because the blueys love to crawl around in it. I'm starting a compost bin behind my garage so that next year I have natural stuff to add to it. I'm also hoping I'll get lots of worms in it to feed to them.

They definetly like the carpet better then the wood floor. I think it's funny to watch them try and run on the wood though!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”