Boomer isnt sleeping!!!!!!

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
reptile4life
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Boomer isnt sleeping!!!!!!

Postby reptile4life » Mon May 21, 2007 9:09 pm

Hey guys well everything has been fine until tonight. I turned Boomer's lights off at 9:00 and he is still wandering around his cage. I gave him food also and fresh water. Do you think he might need a vet visit? I had to give him a luke warm soak to help with the shed 3 days ago so I was just wandering.
Autumn
Sugar Steps
Sugar Steps

Postby Autumn » Mon May 21, 2007 9:18 pm

:chill:
Your skink is fine
also, when did you feed him? right before you turned the lights off? because they need the heat to be able to metabolize and digest the food... so it's not such a good idea to feed and then put them to bed, if that's what you did, and if not, you just learned something anyways today
0.1 Eastern bts-Titan
:devil:
deftones2015
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby deftones2015 » Mon May 21, 2007 9:28 pm

My guess is he needs some exercise or maybe he just isn't ready for bed that early :noknow: I'm sure he'll go to sleep when he's tired
Brian
Leigh
Leigh of the Law
Leigh of the Law

Postby Leigh » Tue May 22, 2007 12:52 am

I've noticed mine having a wander after dark from time to time, I'm sure its a natural instinct for hunting bugs, someone I think its Richard lets his blotches do a night crawl, I used to think his tank was too hot and he was waiting for sun down to have a nosey round but :noknow:
MMMmmmmm... Something???????
Blotch
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict

Postby Blotch » Tue May 22, 2007 1:13 am

When it's warmer, all my blueys go for a wander. I say it's normal behaviour. do you have black lights? (moonlight)
~|=|>-

"you want what!? where!?"

2.1.0 T.S. Intermedia (Kimberleys)
1.0 T.S. Intermedia (N.T.)
6.0.3 T. Nigrolutea (VIC Lowlands)
3.1.11 T. Scincoides (VIC & NSW)
mouseinamilkbottle
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby mouseinamilkbottle » Tue May 22, 2007 7:32 pm

My guys wander at night too, if they're awake. Sometimes, in the dark of night, when we're in bed, I hear the ever-so-cute sound of a tiny sneeze. :D
Ruth
--------

Mum of
Drazil - 126 grams
and
Tye - 173 grams
(Four-month-old Easterns)
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Postby Jenn » Wed May 23, 2007 10:11 am

For about a month this past winter Stella decided to sleep most of the day and come out just as I was going to bed each night. She would then spend a good hour wandering around, making lots of noise with her fake plants before going back to bed. Then one day it just stopped. :crazy:
1.0 Northerns Christopher

:blueyprint:
Lisa
Blue Mountains Beauty
Blue Mountains Beauty

Postby Lisa » Wed May 23, 2007 10:02 pm

mouseinamilkbottle wrote:My guys wander at night too, if they're awake. Sometimes, in the dark of night, when we're in bed, I hear the ever-so-cute sound of a tiny sneeze. :D

When we got Santos we had him in the bedroom, but it was like he was watching us and it was really off-putting so we moved him to another room, and now he sleeps through the night. Little pervert :hehe:

Ralphie would stay up all night on his basking rock if I left his lights on, and Jubby at least once a week is like a buffalo stampede he's so loud and insistent that he wants to come back out, so I usually do for another hour and then when I put him back in he goes to bed. It's like he's won or something. Kids :roll:

Also, you can set your watch by Jubby having a drink on Saturday night between 9 & 10pm. They all have their little idiosyncrasies.
1 Eastern, JUBBY, born January 2004
1 Blotchie, RALPHIE, born March 2006
1 Nutjob, SANTOS L HALPER (SANTOS), born February 2006
1 Shingle SHE'S THE FASTEST, born Feb 2008
mouseinamilkbottle
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby mouseinamilkbottle » Wed May 23, 2007 11:47 pm

Lisa wrote:When we got Santos we had him in the bedroom, but it was like he was watching us and it was really off-putting so we moved him to another room, and now he sleeps through the night. Little pervert :hehe:

:rofl: :hubba:
Ruth

--------

Mum of

Drazil - 126 grams

and

Tye - 173 grams

(Four-month-old Easterns)
KyleWeiss
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda

Postby KyleWeiss » Thu May 24, 2007 12:00 am

Rollie gets summer nighttime wanderlust frequently. I'll oblige him and hang out with him for an hour if that's what he wants. :noknow:

KW
Goodbye, BTS.net -- We've had to good times. I do hope someone else will come along and make it the lovely community it once was.
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada

Postby Zach » Fri May 25, 2007 1:15 am

mouseinamilkbottle wrote:
Lisa wrote:When we got Santos we had him in the bedroom, but it was like he was watching us and it was really off-putting so we moved him to another room, and now he sleeps through the night. Little pervert :hehe:

:lol: Slurpy stares out the window with his arms pressed up against the glass all day long -- a little creepy at times.

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
Lisa
Blue Mountains Beauty
Blue Mountains Beauty

Postby Lisa » Fri May 25, 2007 1:46 am

Zach wrote:
mouseinamilkbottle wrote:

:lol: Slurpy stares out the window with his arms pressed up against the glass all day long -- a little creepy at times.

I've always thought that Slurp and Jub have a special bond. Jub does that too for like literally hours. I'm pretty sure in the next year or so he'll perfect the art of actually waving his arms whilst keeping his body stationery.

I actually think he's quite smart. If I look down the stairs at his tank he will stay there at the glass, but if I walk past his tank or come down into the study and he knows I'm here then he will start pawing at the walls to be taken out. Naturally, I tease him and walk past to get him going and then go back upstairs!

He's definately shown the most intelligence of mine. I think Santos will eventually too, but Ralphie was taking a leak when he should have been in line when brains were being given out. He can't even make it out the other end of the sock that Jenn made him :doh:
1 Eastern, JUBBY, born January 2004

1 Blotchie, RALPHIE, born March 2006

1 Nutjob, SANTOS L HALPER (SANTOS), born February 2006

1 Shingle SHE'S THE FASTEST, born Feb 2008
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada

Postby Zach » Fri May 25, 2007 2:23 pm

:lol:

Slurp is by far our smartest as well.

Jub & Slurp friends till the end.... :tough: :love:

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Postby Jenn » Fri May 25, 2007 2:29 pm

:hug: Poor Santos! He's really cute so who needs brains.
1.0 Northerns Christopher

:blueyprint:

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”