OT Poll- Just a fun thread

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!

Do you kiss your skink(s)?

All the time
28%
Some times
24%
Rarly
24%
Never did never will
24%

Total votes: 29
Dragontears
Thousand Teardrops
Thousand Teardrops

Postby Dragontears » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:48 pm

I have to say that I agree with Zen. Too much disinfecting will leave your body vulnerable to diseases too. I think the odd germ is good for a healthy kid. "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger..." yada yada

I grew up in the sticks of WV and for a 7th grade science fair project we did the classic "What's in our water" exeriment. We tested city tap water, my country tap water, distilled water, pond water and the Ohio River water. On most accounts my tap water was dirtier than the Ohio River! (for those of you familiar with the Ohio River you know what that statement means :shock: ) My tap water made people sick...literally, and when I brought my hubby home to meet the family a while back he poured himself a glass, said something like "water shouldn't have a color" and poured it down the drain.

I grew up drinking, bathing and playing in this water and never got sick from it. I have drank the water in Costa Rica and my dad has drank water in Mexico and both of us were fine. My sister and I were healthy little kids, never went to the hospital, never had any weird ailments and aside for the normal chicken pox, etc that all kids get we were never sick. My mom swears it is our water.

I'm not saying to not clean up after yourself, my house is usually clean and I wash my hands religiously, but I"m just saying that a little dirt won't hurt!
Lisa
Blue Mountains Beauty
Blue Mountains Beauty

Postby Lisa » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:42 am

I'm with Zenny and Renee, too. I tried to explain it a while ago. but badly ! You guys did a much better job !! :lol:
1 Eastern, JUBBY, born January 2004
1 Blotchie, RALPHIE, born March 2006
1 Nutjob, SANTOS L HALPER (SANTOS), born February 2006
1 Shingle SHE'S THE FASTEST, born Feb 2008
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada

Postby Zach » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:33 pm

We came over, and Renee puts dirt in her water!! :TQlaughing@zach:

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
Autumn
Sugar Steps
Sugar Steps

Postby Autumn » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:55 pm

Heather wrote:Geeze Autumn, as if I wasn't paranoid enough before you said all that! :rofl:

anytime!! :lol:
0.1 Eastern bts-Titan
:devil:
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada

Postby Zach » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:39 pm

Autumn wrote:It'd be grosser to see it coming from your dog's butt!!
or finding tapeworm segments on your sofa from your cat..

yumm!

this thread turned from fun to not so fun quickly! :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”