Unstable enclosure advice

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
LiddyFish123
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Unstable enclosure advice

Postby LiddyFish123 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:06 pm

Hiya - I've had a blue tongue for just over a year now - originally in a wooden vivarium and he was out all the time except for when he was shedding. I had to replace the enclosure last September as it cracked, and to avoid cracking again, I replaced it with a zen habitats enclosure on a metal frame/stand built for the tank. The frame rocks from side to side when I open the tank doors. My skink's been hiding a lot since changing the enclosure - at first I thought it's just brumation, but we're into April and he's still hiding lots and I'm wondering - is it because the enclosure is unstable on it's stand? The only other things that's changed substantially is the top of the enclosure is now mesh rather than wood. Just wondering whether anyone has any thoughts/advice? Thank you!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”