Calcium, vitamin, Repashy, and ecnlosure questions

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Mr. Skink
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Calcium, vitamin, Repashy, and ecnlosure questions

Postby Mr. Skink » Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:00 pm

Hi, I don't have a BTS yet but I've been doing some research before I get a BTS. I've read your entire care sheet but still didn't choose what kind of BTS I want. However, I have questions on a few things:
1: Calcium supplement? I don't think I can always give my BTS a varied diet so what kind of calcium do I use? Should I use Repcal calcium or Repti calcium? And do I need D3?
2: Vitamin supplements? Same thing as the calcium supplement problem. Should I use Reptivite or Repcal multivitamin?
3: Repashy? I heard of Repashy and it counts as calcium and Multivitamin, if I get this do I need the Calcium and Multivitamin supplements.
4: Enclosure? I'm planning on a 4x2x2 PVC enclosure but I heard that was the minimum but If I'm getting a BTS that will grow really big, Will he need a bigger enclosure than a 4x2x2, I can change the size.
5: Last but not least, I've been looking on some websites to purchase a BTS and I think "Morph Market" is the most legit that I found. However if yall have any reccomandations for private breeders or websites, I'll love to hear it!.
Thanks in advance!
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Re: Calcium, vitamin, Repashy, and ecnlosure questions

Postby Janella » Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:50 pm

Hi again, I didn't see you posted two posts. Here is the answers to the other questions. First a varied diet is important so your skink doesn't get to picky. However, that being said I know some people who feed just cat food when the skink is young and then dog food when the skink is over 8 months mixed with veggies their whole lives. I love to mix up what my skinks eat. Remember they need 50% a protein source, 40% veggies, and 10% fruit. I use snails, eggs, ground lean turkey, dog food/cat food, and insects for protein. For the veggi's and fruit please refer to our feeding chart in the forum. You want to get Reta calcium with D3 and I like to use Hertivite Multivitamins. I am not a big fan of Repashy. Your last question is Morph Market is usually a good place to go. However, if you wait until baby season there is ALOT of breeders on this site that will post skinks for sale under the classifieds section.
Mr. Skink
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Mr. Skink » Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:57 pm

sorry that I asked the same questions again. I thought my post wasen't sending until I noticed that someone had to approve it before it sending. However, thank you for the information and being so nice to me. I remember in another forum I went into to talk about tortoises, I accidentally posted 2 same questions and some of the people there talked to me very negatively like "were you not paying attention to what I say?". So thank you for being very nice! :hehe:
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Postby Janella » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:16 pm

You are so very welcome. We are a great group of people and we want to be able to help and answer any questions.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”