blue tongue lizard super active at nighttime

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
hannah
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

blue tongue lizard super active at nighttime

Postby hannah » Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:53 am

hii, i have a 1 yr old blue tongue lizard and right now its winter and he decides to go crazy and try to climb out of his cage at nighttime. hes always fine during the day and when he gets active in the evening, i usually let him wander around on my bed or let him sit on my hand and he becomes more relaxed. its become a problem where at like 5am he decides to try and get out of his cage by scratching the walls and i find it really hard to sleep when he's like that. i have my temperature on 20 degrees as i live in australia and thats what the pet store told me to keep it on and he only has a uv light during the day from 9am-9pm. idk if any of you have any suggestions such as toys he can play with or if the temperature isnt right, but im really struggling to sleep as he keeps wanting to come out of the cage. also the cage is fully clean and stuff, i clean up his poo and wee whenever he does it and do a full cage clean every month so its not like it smells bad. He also has a big hollow log stump, dry food, water and two caves that he can lie in so I dont think that he is finding it hard to live in his cage. I also feed him meat every couple days so he is getting fed well as well. anyways, does anyone have any suggestions on how i can help him get a bit less active at night?

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”