Lizard Loungers/Hammocks for High Humidity Enclosures

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
GaleOfYork
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Lizard Loungers/Hammocks for High Humidity Enclosures

Postby GaleOfYork » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:17 am

Hello,

I recently acquired an Indonesian BTS and love the lil dude, but was looking at more inclusions I could place in the enclosure for variety and was looking at lizard hammocks.

Does anyone have success with this inclusion for their own skinks? I also haven't really found ones made of a suitable material for high humidity long term as many are made of either Jute or cotton which are either hard to rewash or risk mold buildup.

Appreciate the advise anyone can share on this matter
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Re: Lizard Loungers/Hammocks for High Humidity Enclosures

Postby Janella » Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:17 pm

BTS are a burrowing skink and not climbers. A hammock wouldn't work for them.
GaleOfYork
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Lizard Loungers/Hammocks for High Humidity Enclosures

Postby GaleOfYork » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:40 am

Janella wrote:BTS are a burrowing skink and not climbers. A hammock wouldn't work for them.

Hi, I appreciate the feedback and acknowledge that they are in fact burrowing animals, I have seen plenty of evidence of people on this forum and many other sites using hammocks as a elevated basking spot for their BTS. Whether the hammock would be used by them seems to be entirely up to their own preference however and so clearly isn't a universal inclusion for a reason.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”