Hi! Help, my BTS had a bad molt.

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
JuliaDemi
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Hi! Help, my BTS had a bad molt.

Postby JuliaDemi » Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:08 am

Hello! My name is Julia, I'm from another country, so my English may be a little bad. We don't have a developed culture of caring for BTS, so I'm looking for information on caring for my baby on English-language forums. I have a BTS female named Plush, she is 1 year old and 8 months old. We have it recently, at the end of December 2022. I'm still not sure what kind of subspecies it is, presumably I'm still leaning towards Merauke. There are two questions that I am very concerned about:

1) She has a red belly. I read that this may be a feature of this type, it should not overheat, the temperature in the hot zone is 31 degrees and I use the upper warm-up, the cold zone is 25. Her tummy was very red before molting and after the redness subsided. Now it looks like this. I'm attaching a photo.

2) I am concerned about the places where the molt went badly. She shed well, the humidity is always 75-80%. The ground I use coconut chips. however, the two scales on the head seemed to have faded along with the new layer and were bleeding a little. I treated this place with betadine and now it has dried up and looks like this, I regularly process and monitor it, Am I doing everything right? It dries up and seems to become smaller gradually.

I would be very grateful if knowledgeable people would help me figure out what kind of look she has, whether everything is normal with her stomach and badly faded scales. I'm fixing the pictures of our baby. Thank you in advance for your answer :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”