Did my BTS get cut?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Skinks4fun
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Did my BTS get cut?

Postby Skinks4fun » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:30 pm

Hi guys. Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I honestly can't find a picture of a normal skinks's leg. I got back from vacation (my brother in law cared for my skink) and when I arrived I looked my skink over. I noticed two marks that looked like cuts at his leg creases. I was immediately alarmed, but I couldn't tell if they where supposed to be there or not, as they where in the exact same spot, and I haven't exactly looked in that area before. I just got him two weeks ago from captive bred excellence. There seems to be nothing in his tank, except a piece of drift wood that would be able to do this. Can you guys help? Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Did my BTS get cut?

Postby splashy07 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:40 am

Very hard to tell being it is right behind the 'knee' joint at which there would be a normal crease. I'm currently at work or I'd take a look at mine! It doesn't seem to be an injury, just watch for redness and/or swelling in the area.
mb606587
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby mb606587 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:43 am

If that is a laceration, it is very superficial. Putting some Betadine on a Q tip and swabbing it would help prevent it from getting infected, which is the real concern, not the minor cut.
Skinks4fun
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Skinks4fun » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:10 pm

Ok, thanks!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”