Future BTS owner -- Diet questions!

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Jubi
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Future BTS owner -- Diet questions!

Postby Jubi » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:19 pm

Hi! New here and have been doing tons of research for some time on BTS to prepare for one.

I have everything I need minus the food. I've only ever owned kingsnakes, anoles, and red-eared sliders-- basic stuff with non-varied diets for the most part.
My questions are;
Which brands of dog food do you feed you BTSs?
What additional supplements/vitamins should I have on hand, and specific kinds/names?

I know after reading around that UV lights are up in the air if the BTS is getting supplements but I'd love to still hear opinions and direct account experiences with it too.

And of course, following the diet charts I'll get the fresher foods when I get a bts-- And any other additional info you might feel is important to mention are welcome!
Thanks!
xXxBORISxXx
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Future BTS owner -- Diet questions!

Postby xXxBORISxXx » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:32 pm

Hey there!
For lots of your questions, TC Houston has really great, in-depth and informative videos about. I'd highly recommend his YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyaNLK ... LLg/videos

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”