Can anybody help identify my skink ?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Miller
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Can anybody help identify my skink ?

Postby Miller » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:41 am

I have been told he’s a new merauke .. but I can’t be sure as I’m new to this :(

Any help is greatly appreciated
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lunarisx
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Can anybody help identify my skink ?

Postby lunarisx » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:51 pm

Is it always angry or hissy? If angry/hissy then its a Tanimbar, if its not then Merauke. It could also a hybrid.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:28 am

Definitely not Tanimbar. Possibly IJ, although it very closely resembles my QLD locale eastern. There would be quite a price difference there, though. IJs are often referred to as 'new meraukes', as their genetics are pretty much unknown. There is so much hybridization going on out there (wrong on so many levels) they are getting harder to identify by the minute. The only way to be absolutely sure of what you are getting is to deal directly with a reputable breeder.
Taliats
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Taliats » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:15 am

Looks incredibly similar to my Skink, and to the best of my knowledge, she is an Irian Jaya .

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”