skink has become more active but also more scared.

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Happyherper
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

skink has become more active but also more scared.

Postby Happyherper » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:05 am

Hi I have a 7 year old adult male meraukee BTS who I have had for the past 6 years, however I travel often during the summer, and after this summer I have noticed my skink is much more jumpy. I have a few theorys however I would love a second opinion. Over the summer we had a pet sitter who was extremely neglectful, and only fed him 2 X in the 3 weeks we were gone, also forgot to refill his water. (He is back to full health). I have also started free roaming my box turtles (4 inch female 6.5 inch male) and have mooved my small pixie from into the same general area. He has had a diet change from a mostly insect/fresh veggie diet, to a powdered diet (Bluey Buffet). Any ideas will help. I just want my little buddy to be comfortable with me again.

PS he is a rescue and is missing a lagre part of his tail, which is split into two pieces at the end, and he also has no toes. he sheds once every 3 months.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”