I really need help!!!

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Pastel Lobster
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

I really need help!!!

Postby Pastel Lobster » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:16 pm

Hello, I have an Irian Jaya blue tongue skink. she is a female and a baby and I've had her for a couple of weeks. I've never had a reptile before and I'm not very expirenced with them but I still think I've been caring for her right. I noticed that whenever I sprayed her cage and sprayed her she'd rub her face in the dirt and now she is squinting one of her eyes. Today I was going to put neosporin around her eye and try and clean it with a Q-tip. I put her on a table and was looking at my phone and when I looked at her again she had put her arms to her sides and flipped over onto her back. She stopped breathing and I think she was pretending to play dead. I got her to start breathing again but she was being very aggressive. In my panic I left her on a table for like 20 seconds and when I came back she had fallen off of it. The table is about 30 inches off the ground. After that she played dead again. She started moving again and this time I kept her in a little plastic box so she wouldn't walk off again. Every time I moved she would immediantly jump up and stick out her tongue as far as possible as a warning. Then she started trying to get out of the box and she was pushing her head into the box. I took her out and she started to pretend to be dead again and now I put her back in her cage because I thought she just shouldn't be around people right now. I'm really upset and panicked and would love for someone to try and help me. I wanted to bring her to a vet but we cant find any exotic reptile vets. I might have to wait a couple of days because I'm actually in the area where hurricane Florence is gonna hit. (great timing i know). Thank you so much if you try to help and I hope you have a great day.
lunarisx
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: I really need help!!!

Postby lunarisx » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:35 am

Her enclosure? Does it lack substrate or hide? I wont let a baby out from their enclosure.

Or because the hurricane.
Pastel Lobster
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: I really need help!!!

Postby Pastel Lobster » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:38 am

She has substrate it was cypress mulch and eco earth mixed together. I thought I was supposed to take her out to get her used to me and I didn't know you shouldn't take babies out. Thank you so much for your help but I don't think she made it. My heart shattered in two when I found out this morning. I plan on burying her outside in a little patch of sunlight right by the river. Thank you so much for trying to help me and I hope you have a great day.

I feel like a failure and that I could have done more. I don't think I'm gonna get another blue tongue but not because I didn't like having her, but because I feel like I wouldn't be able to care for it properly. I'm sorry again if i wasted anyones time.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”