Question: Diffusing Essential Oils / Burning Candle Nearby Skink Tank?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
xXxBORISxXx
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Question: Diffusing Essential Oils / Burning Candle Nearby Skink Tank?

Postby xXxBORISxXx » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:44 am

Hi all,
A while back, I asked if it was safe to burn incense near a skink tank (I have never done this, I was merely curious). The consensus was that no, it is not safe as incense produces smoke.

I am now wondering, what about diffusing essential oils? This is just a water vapor in the air.
Furthermore, what do people think about candles? Presuming that, when blowing out the candle, a lid is placed overtop to contain the smoke that would be produced.
My skink's tank is at the foot of my bed and I am wondering if he ever notices this stuff, or if it bothers him.
Appreciate your input!!
-Daryn
kingofnobbys
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Re: Question: Diffusing Essential Oils / Burning Candle Nearby Skink Tank?

Postby kingofnobbys » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:51 am

Skinks have instinctive reactions when they smell / taste smoke in the air …. he will be stressed by this .

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”