Hi I'm new here!

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
HedaXIII
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Hi I'm new here!

Postby HedaXIII » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:46 am

Hi everyone I'm new and just got my first BTS yesterday. So far so good. She is hiding a lot but came out to eat a little. I know she is Indonesian but does any one have a guess on her sub species . I didn't want to take to many picures while she is getting used to us but I did snap a few. She has a some pink on her tummy as well. Nice to meet you all!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kayla990
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Re: Hi I'm new here!

Postby kayla990 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:34 am

Pretty girl - I'd be tempted to a Kei Island subspecies. I'm not too sure if it's lighting or position, but the body shape looks a little strange - mainly noticeable in the 2nd pic, where the spine/tail line is very visible. If possible check for any lumps/bumps on the body to make sure she doesn't have MBD.

I can't 100% see your substrate - but if it's aspen, I'd advice to replace it with something more suited for higher humidity (since Indonesian species need around 60%+ humidity, as the scales look a bit dry. Wouldn't want to run into health problems later). With any of the Indonesian species a hygrometer is a must :)
- Hons. Degree Animal Management -4 years volunteer in a Zoo -10 years volunteer in animal shelters -Enclosure enthusiast
lunarisx
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby lunarisx » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:49 am

Lol that is a Clasic Indonesian. Probably captive breed because its almost impossible to get wild caught starting last year and conservation groups are not allowed to export them.
HedaXIII
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby HedaXIII » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:53 pm

Thanks for checking in with us guys! We did change her housing around and she is now on forest floor bedding and is getting misted to help increase her humidity. We have the log for her to bask on and created some tunnles with mositened moss in them for her too. Anyone have a good recomondation for a good fogger or mister? She seems to be finally relaxing and exploring. Any tips on her getting to eat better. We are feeding her a mixture of things, veggies, a little fruit here and there wellness core dog food, eggs, canned grasshoppers, meal worms ect

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”