Heating

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
megamuff
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Heating

Postby megamuff » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:02 am

Hey everyone! I’ve been using a 100 watt incandescent bulb for my bluey’s basking spot but I can’t seem to find them anymore. I’m switching to reptile ones but I’m not sure what wattage to get. Would 100 watt reptile bulb put out more heat than the incandescent bulb or be about the same?
The bulb I was using before was some kind of special one that had a coating on it and was supposed to be shatter proof or something. They didn’t have those this time, the only ones were soft white and they only get the basking spot to 94 degrees so I think I need to just switch before they completely stop making incandescent bulbs.
Katiekagamine
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Heating

Postby Katiekagamine » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:55 am

i use 100 watt reptile bulbs and they get the heat just right. dont know if it would be the same amount of heat or a little more but i think 100 watt ones are the best.
kingofnobbys
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Re: Heating

Postby kingofnobbys » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:05 am

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”