Northern or No?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
ototoxin
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Northern or No?

Postby ototoxin » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:44 am

Hi! My skink, Toaster Oven, has a black line by his eyes similar to Easterns, but it’s very faint & I only noticed it because he’s about to shed. Is that normal for Northerns? Or could he actually be something else? I’ll attach a picture just in case.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson

Re: Northern or No?

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:21 pm

Yes, that is normal for a Northern.
An Eastern's would be jet black.
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Northern or No?

Postby splashy07 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:30 pm

I don't even see a black temporal streak. And an Eastern would have set you back the rent, if you could find someone to sell you one. Not even remotely similar, except for the queensland type which is virtually impossible to get over here.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”