Substrate and BTS food mixture

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Bravies
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Substrate and BTS food mixture

Postby Bravies » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:40 am

Would just like to say a big hello to everyone on this forum.

I currently use sterilised top soil and I’m just wondering if that’s okay to use as a substrate or if there is anything I could use aswell.

Another thing I’d like to ask is if anyone wouldn’t mind sharing a mixture of food I could use. Would be a great help.

Will be posting a picture of my BTS soon as I have only recently required it and want it to settle in.
lifesagame
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Substrate and BTS food mixture

Postby lifesagame » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:05 am

Hi :welcome: hope you enjoy it here, everyone's been really helpful for me :)

Do you know what type of BTS it is? I've not been recommended top soil but I'm pretty new to BTS and it probably depends on what humidity yours needs. Have you looked at the nutrition sheet linked on the homepage of the forum? I've found it very useful and it has a good guide on how often certain foods should be fed. Depending on age as well, but it tends to be 50% protein, 40% veg and 10% fruit. I'm sure someone a lot more experienced will have better answers but I wanted to say hi anyway :)
aaronhouts
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby aaronhouts » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:14 pm

We use Repashy Bluey buffet:
https://www.store.repashy.com/by-produc ... ey-buffet/
mixed at a one to one ratio with grain free high quality dog food.
We use cypress much for our Halmahera BTS.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:28 am

Mine do not like repashy, go figure. I make them a mix of Omnivore mix (I believe zilla brand) and a high quality dog food. Weekend treats of eggs, snails, bananas. Lots of bugs in between for those who are in the mood. (They aren't always.) Mostly my juveniles want the insects. Dubias, superworms that I breed myself.
Bravies
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Bravies » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:02 am

I have a picture of my BTS ready to upload I am not too sure as to what type of BT it is I got told it was a northern off the seller but after looking on the internet I think it might be an Indonesian however, i don’t know how to upload a photo can someone help ASAP so I can get it identified as soon as please and thank you.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”