Brumation and shedding - little bit worried!

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
LariLobstar
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Brumation and shedding - little bit worried!

Postby LariLobstar » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:41 am

I've had my skink (eastern) for almost 8 weeks now (I may have messed up the amount of time I've had her on one of my earlier posts) and she hasn't shed at all. I found a couple scales (only 3 max) about a month ago, and one last week, but no signs of shedding. It's just at the end of winter now and she's still spending a lot of time in hiding - I barely ever see her! Any ideas how much longer this hiding might go on for? Or when she might shed? I thought she would have by now?
Yeshika
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Brumation and shedding - little bit worried!

Postby Yeshika » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:54 pm

If she's fully grown the shedding won't be as frequent as a baby. My skink isn't an adult yet, so I can't say what the normal gap between sheds is. You'll notice her belly markings will turn milky white and have a bit of a blue tint before a shed.
LariLobstar
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Brumation and shedding - little bit worried!

Postby LariLobstar » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:42 pm

Yeshika wrote:If she's fully grown the shedding won't be as frequent as a baby. My skink isn't an adult yet, so I can't say what the normal gap between sheds is. You'll notice her belly markings will turn milky white and have a bit of a blue tint before a shed.

Thank you :) wasn't quite sure what to be looking for

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”