Indonesian Humidity

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Slapshot
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Indonesian Humidity

Postby Slapshot » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:06 pm

Hi guys,

So I have a young Indoensian blue tongue skink. I know he's an Indonesian due to the dark legs and pattern of it. I kept his humidity 50-70%, but noticed a lot of things such as wet sneezing and water bubbling at the mouth and eye. I inquired about it on the forum and brought him to a vet, as it sounded like he had a respiratory problem. He didn't, it turned out, and it was just "normal skink behavior". The vet advised that I turn down the humidity to around 30-50%. I was skeptical, since every source on the internet told me to keep his humidity high (since he was a tropical species) around the 60-80% region, but I listened to my vet. The symptoms my skink portrayed actually got better. But I'm worried this will have long term effects, since Indonesians are supposed to have higher humidity and my vet advised I try to lower it (and it got rid of the symptoms he was exhibiting). I'm unsure of who to listen to.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Indonesian Humidity

Postby splashy07 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:46 am

Post a picture, something is wrong here....
lunarisx
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby lunarisx » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:02 am

at least tell us about the color of its belly.
Slapshot
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Slapshot » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:12 am

@splashy07
lunarisx
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby lunarisx » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:22 am

Purebreed Halmahera. 70%-100% humidity, 32 Celsius on the basking spot.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”