Gender of my skinks!

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
skinkfreak
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Gender of my skinks!

Postby skinkfreak » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:36 pm

This is my buddy, Bodhi! I’ve had this big guy for a couple of years now, and I’d like to know his sex! Please help if you are an expert. I’m afraid of probing him for it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Gender of my skinks!

Postby splashy07 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:08 am

Impossible to tell with those pics, and difficult anyway. Male Meraukes often have prominent hemipenal bulges when in season, and frequently drop 'sperm plugs'. The lack of which doesn't guarantee female either. Take an overhead and underside shot. Under no circumstances should they EVER be probed.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”