RHP and herpstat question

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
CarlyM
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

RHP and herpstat question

Postby CarlyM » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:20 pm

Hey guys. So I just got 3 T10 cages from animal plastics and got RHP installed and bought the basic herpstat thermostats. I’m new to heating the cages this way. Right now there just in cages heated by a bulb on a timer so I have some questions that might be dumb but here goes...
Where do we install the probes for the herpstat?
I have read to use hot glue, is this correct?
How do we turn the RHP off at night? Will the thermostats do this?
We also got Fluorescent lights installed so I want the RHP and lights to go on and off same time. This is my first time using a thermostat or anything so sorry for questions but right now just using bulbs on a timer and I’m finding this a bit confusing. I just want to make everything perfect! We are spending a lot to get them some awesome new more spacious digs.

Thanks!!
0.0.1 Northern- Scruffy
1.0.0 Indonesian- Bender
0.0.1 Irian Jaya x Northern- Dil
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: RHP and herpstat question

Postby splashy07 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:26 am

I use a Herpstat 4 for my snake racks. It's programmable, and a bit confusing at first but if you read the manual a hundred times you'll figure it out. I don't use thermostats for my lizards, just lights on timers. My apartment is hot as you know where and I can use LEDs. You should be able to program your Herpstat to do what you're asking, even if it's the basic model.
CarlyM
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: RHP and herpstat question

Postby CarlyM » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:41 am

Thank you for the reply. We set them all up and now we just have to monitor the temps and get it all dialed in. I love the look of having stacking cages now! They seemed to be enjoying the extra space too!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0.0.1 Northern- Scruffy
1.0.0 Indonesian- Bender
0.0.1 Irian Jaya x Northern- Dil

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”