A few observations made, hope you guys can help me identify my Skink's subspecies.

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Taliats
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

A few observations made, hope you guys can help me identify my Skink's subspecies.

Postby Taliats » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:33 pm

I came here a few months ago with a similar question but with much less info to provide, hoping this time is different.

After much trial and error, I have found the correct conditions for her.

I had the humidity at 50% at first but this caused a RI, I now have the humidity at 30% and she seems to be doing much better, she also sheds with no issues.

My second observation is that she seems to do better in higher temperatures, the warm end being in the 40s and the cooler end being in the low to upper 30s.

She also seems to prefer being left alone as opposed to being handled, she does not mind being out of her viv and will normally go around exploring, either paying no note to me or staring at me and sticking her little blue tongue in my face.

I have also attached 2 pictures. (Sorry for my crappy camera)

Thanks in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”