thick yellow shed

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Suzle87
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

thick yellow shed

Postby Suzle87 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:57 am

Hi all,
Here is a bit of a wierd one (and probably very daft) but I popped home in my lunch hour to go and give Ventress his lunch (we are down to eating every 3 days now) he ate every last bit (just to be contrary to the idea of them eating less when shedding. he's a rebel!) but then i noticed on the underside of his neck the shed that appears to be coming off (rolling down like a jumper) is thick and yellowy... it doesn't look dry or anything, I was just a bit baffled as usually when he sheds it is almost see through and flakey?

I have been really hot on the humidity the past few weeks so is this just how they shed when more moisture is in the air or is it something else that I should be worrying about?
Il get a picture after work, I had to dash back as his banquet took longer than planned!
Whnthsungoesdwn
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: thick yellow shed

Postby Whnthsungoesdwn » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:51 am

Probably nothing to worry about. Maybe just looks thicker since it’s rolling down and the thickness is giving it a yellow hue.
Suzle87
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby Suzle87 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:31 am

6086558B-344C-4F44-B185-9EC05B7F82D9.jpeg

Here’s the pic, pretty sure you’re right and it’s just how he’s shedding,got an ear bag in that pic aswell I think.
I think now that he’s a fatty there’s just more to shed so it sticks around a bit longer!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:42 pm

It means he has the proper conditions to shed correctly, the skin is moist enough to come off easily. Very nice.
Suzle87
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby Suzle87 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:49 pm

splashy07 wrote:It means he has the proper conditions to shed correctly, the skin is moist enough to come off easily. Very nice.

Oh right that’s great then, thanks for that! I was just slightly concerned by how thick it looked! Thankyou for putting my mind at rest.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”