Juvenile bluey poop habits?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Slapshot
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Juvenile bluey poop habits?

Postby Slapshot » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:12 pm

Hey y'all!! I have a beautiful young Indonesian skink about 1 month old named Groot (in honor of the new Avengers movie). I was wondering what the poop habits for a young skink such as him would be. When I go to spot clean I can only really find one little bit of feces and I've had him for about a week now.
I'm asking because in that span he's pooped on my bed twice (when I take him out for a bit of handling) while I don't seem to see any poop in his substrate. He just did it again and two bits came out along with the little white part (sorry for the poor description haha I don't know much about lizard poop). Is this a habit he just picked up? Is it because he's nervous? Is he spiting me for taking him out? He's fine when I put him on my hand and let him climb all over me but as soon as I set him down on my bed just lifts his tail and lets it flow right out.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Juvenile bluey poop habits?

Postby splashy07 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:51 pm

They do that when they are nervous. And the amount of poop depends on the amount they are eating, of course. If you suspect he needs to go and doesn't, a warm soak should do the trick. His habits will most likely become more regular in time, as he gets used to his surroundings and routine. Give him something he likes when he is out, so he sees you in a positive light and not just a bother. Soon he will be your friend!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”