Future BTS Owner

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Gsxrgrl21
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Future BTS Owner

Postby Gsxrgrl21 » Tue May 29, 2018 8:07 am

Hello everyone!!

I'm brand new to the site,but from what I've already seen,this forum is a wealth of knowledge for a hopeful new BTS owner like myself. There is an expo next month that hopefully will have my new baby!

I'm not new to owning reptiles,or animals in general! You can see what I'm a slave to in my sig :lol: They are my world,and they have only the best! I've also had bunnies, sugar gliders, mice and rats etc as well as horses and cattle!

I look forward to continuing to learn more and more about these guys as well as becoming more involved in the forum here!!

Any advice would be great! Thank you :ohyes:
Proud mommy to 1: 3 year old Beagle/Pit Bull named Rhane,1: 6 year old Bearded Dragon named Reptar, 2: Crested Geckos named Simba and Charmander, 1: Leopard Gecko named Naga :D
kayla990
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Re: Future BTS Owner

Postby kayla990 » Wed May 30, 2018 5:45 am

Welcome! Fingers crossed you'll find a new friend at the expo :D are you looking for a Northern or an Indonesian species?

There's great sections on this forum (especially the diet chart, very useful!) otherwise there are some great sources on youtube (such as ReptileMountain.TV).

Goodluck and feel free to ask any questions!
- Hons. Degree Animal Management -4 years volunteer in a Zoo -10 years volunteer in animal shelters -Enclosure enthusiast
Gsxrgrl21
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Gsxrgrl21 » Wed May 30, 2018 5:18 pm

kayla990 wrote:Welcome! Fingers crossed you'll find a new friend at the expo :D are you looking for a Northern or an Indonesian species?

There's great sections on this forum (especially the diet chart, very useful!) otherwise there are some great sources on youtube (such as ReptileMountain.TV).

Goodluck and feel free to ask any questions!

I hope so too!! Still trying to convince my girlfriend,but she's been getting better with the critters I have now! And I believe a Northern would be best,still learning about the differences between the two!

Yesterday I went and subscribed to ReptileMountainTV,wealth of knowledge there! Still trying to get through all the information :lol:
Proud mommy to 1: 3 year old Beagle/Pit Bull named Rhane,1: 6 year old Bearded Dragon named Reptar, 2: Crested Geckos named Simba and Charmander, 1: Leopard Gecko named Naga :D
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:50 am

Welcome! You will soon be addicted like the rest of us. They are such amazing lizards, they are constantly surprising me with their antics and adorableness! I've kept reptiles for 40 years plus and settled on these for definite keepers! There's absolutely nothing NOT to like about them. And easy as a snake to keep.
Gsxrgrl21
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Gsxrgrl21 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:56 pm

splashy07 wrote:Welcome! You will soon be addicted like the rest of us. They are such amazing lizards, they are constantly surprising me with their antics and adorableness! I've kept reptiles for 40 years plus and settled on these for definite keepers! There's absolutely nothing NOT to like about them. And easy as a snake to keep.

I can't wait!! I fell in love once I started researching them!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”