Merauke BTS: Breathing question

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
ChungMok
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Merauke BTS: Breathing question

Postby ChungMok » Mon May 28, 2018 9:16 pm

Hi guys, I just got a Merauke about 3 weeks ago and its been eating fine and drinking well. I noticed recently that it takes deeper breaths, I might just be paranoid because I dont have a clue on how they normally breath... Could anyone give me their opinions or post a video. Anything will help. Hes being kept at around 80% humidity. I have a video linked of it breathing, i hope it helps. So far no discharge and I cant hear any obstruction when it breathes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9XsGDP-pE0
Happyherper
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Merauke BTS: Breathing question

Postby Happyherper » Tue May 29, 2018 8:11 am

I had the same problem at first with my meraukee. If he is holding these deep breaths, it may mean that he is stressed, and puffing himself up.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”