help sexing skink

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
macaroni
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

help sexing skink

Postby macaroni » Thu May 24, 2018 5:16 pm

hello all! its been quite a while since ive last posted and my bluey is no longer a little baby (he turns a year old next month!)
so i figured now might be a good time to ask about sexing him, not that i mind what he is, but its just that im curious
just some stats: 48cm & 705g (might be a off since he was being squirmy while weighing)
i currently keep him on jungle mix substrate but havent noticed anything that may resemble a sperm plug so im not sure

photos:
note: the little bend is his tail is from an accident he had when he was about three/four or so months old, so thats old. it doesnt seem to cause him any trouble and as far as im concerned, i dont mind it, if anything it makes him a little unique aha

if anyone needs more photos, ill be more than happy to help! id just like to know if he's really a he ^^
thank you for any insight!
please call me mac!!!
kingofnobbys
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Re: help sexing skink

Postby kingofnobbys » Thu May 24, 2018 8:49 pm

I think he's a she.

Males often have a larger and more triangular head, a thicker tail base, slimmer sides and a huskier throat than females, males tend to have orange and more brightly colored eyes, whereas females are browner. Depositing sperm plugs occasionally is a good indicator you have a boy.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: help sexing skink

Postby splashy07 » Fri May 25, 2018 4:50 am

My guess is female.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”