How often do I use mite treatment??

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Angel_BTS
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

How often do I use mite treatment??

Postby Angel_BTS » Fri May 11, 2018 4:39 am

Hi. So following on from my last post “urgent: does my BTS have mites,” I went to the reptile vet today and found out that unfortunately, he does have mites :( Luckily, I was able to purchase a spray bottle of frontline, and the vet gave me some directions on how to use it on my BTS and also how to clean his enclosure ornaments. My question is, how often do I use the frontline treatment?

Thanks!
BlueBella
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: How often do I use mite treatment??

Postby BlueBella » Fri May 11, 2018 6:03 am

I used it once a week, for three weeks. I don't know if that was overdoing it or not since Frontline is pretty strong, but it definitely worked. I saw no mites after the first week.
1.0 Northern Blue Tongue Skink—Deckard
0.2 Mutts—Penny and Roxy
0.2 Guinea Pigs—Pumpkin and Potato
Angel_BTS
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: How often do I use mite treatment??

Postby Angel_BTS » Fri May 11, 2018 3:02 pm

BlueBella wrote:I used it once a week, for three weeks. I don't know if that was overdoing it or not since Frontline is pretty strong, but it definitely worked. I saw no mites after the first week.

Thank you for your help! I’ll give that a try, as he doesn’t seem to have a severe infestation of them, but there are defiantly mites under his scales. Thanks again!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”