Hiss

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
BlueTongueBoris
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Hiss

Postby BlueTongueBoris » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:03 am

Hello! My skink was having a tough time shedding because my room is so cold and I just turned on his heat lamp, to help him i put him in a warm tub of water and gently rubbed him. Everything went fine and I put him into his enclosure again but now everytime he sneezes he'll open his mouth a tiny bit and hiss.. He hasn't done this before and I was wondering if this happened to anyone else. Maybe he has some shedding left in his nose?
Emmadrewrox
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Hiss

Postby Emmadrewrox » Sun May 20, 2018 5:09 pm

Sorry no one replied. Is he still doing it? I assume the shed is gone now right? If it’s only when he sneezes it’s odd but I doubt it would be a sign of anything. Maybe it’s just hissing, which means he’s just a little annoyed.
BlueTongueBoris
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Hiss

Postby BlueTongueBoris » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:34 am

Emmadrewrox wrote:Sorry no one replied. Is he still doing it? I assume the shed is gone now right? If it’s only when he sneezes it’s odd but I doubt it would be a sign of anything. Maybe it’s just hissing, which means he’s just a little annoyed.

Very sorry I'm replying extremely late, but he has stopped doing it, I dont know the cause of the hissing or how he just stopped doing it but he's fine now! Thank you so much.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”