Just a few random questions

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Kelly T.
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Just a few random questions

Postby Kelly T. » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:20 pm

Hey y'all I'm a first time skink owner and I wanted to introduce Willie! He's almost 2 years old but I got him (I think it's a him) from a breeder a few days ago. I think he is a Northern. He is only 15 inches but almost two years old... I looked it up and apparently it takes 18 months for them to be full grown, is he just small? He has been sneezing a few times a day and I was told that it could be a sign of RI but he doesn't have any other RI symptoms, should I be worried about this? My humidity is 40% during the day but raises to 65% a night... I know that there are a lot of different opinions about humidity so I was wondering if this is okay. His basking spot is 93F but I was told that Northerns like it warmer, should I raise it? Sorry for the load of questions! I'll post a few pictures of him
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Just a few random questions

Postby splashy07 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:12 am

Beautiful Northern. Looks a bit thin but normal for males this time of year, they're coming off season and just beginning to eat regularly again. He does indeed look male, and males are often shorter in length than females when adult. And they all 'sneeze', no cause for worry unless there is any discharge from nose, mouth or eyes. 93 is not bad, but a bit warmer would be better on the hot side. Congratulations on your beautiful new pet and welcome!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”