Humidity too high?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Angel_BTS
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Humidity too high?

Postby Angel_BTS » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:18 pm

Hi. Just yesterday I did a tank clean and replaced the old substrate - I use kritters crumble fine coconut coir. Ever since I replaced the substrate, I’ve notice that the humidity has gone from 40% to 80%, and I just want to make sure that my Bluey will be fine in the meantime with the high humidity, until the substrate dries out a little?
splashy07
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict

Re: Humidity too high?

Postby splashy07 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:02 am

Should be fine, I've had the same issues with substrate to no ill affects. If you are worried, next time put your substrate in a large tub and set it aside for a few days before changing.
Angel_BTS
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Re: Humidity too high?

Postby Angel_BTS » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:40 pm

splashy07 wrote:Should be fine, I've had the same issues with substrate to no ill affects. If you are worried, next time put your substrate in a large tub and set it aside for a few days before changing.

Thanks for your reply. I'm glad to hear that it will be ok :)

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”