Too cold for my BTS?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
probablyaflower
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Too cold for my BTS?

Postby probablyaflower » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:29 pm

Hello, first time poster here!

I just got an Indonesian a few hours ago and am worried about the temperature. I live in Mass so it gets pretty cold here. To make it worse, my room is above the garage. My room gets to 60 at night. There is no way to change the temp of my room, what do I do? Should I get a heat emitting bulb for night?
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Too cold for my BTS?

Postby splashy07 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:06 am

A ceramic heat emitter would work well, but make sure you have a temp gun or thermostat to check temps. You could also use a night bulb, but the CHE would produce no light and just heat. You don't want to dry out his environment, though, as he needs high humidity. A hygrometer should be used also. How about a picture of your new guy?
probablyaflower
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby probablyaflower » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:40 pm

I ordered a CHE, thanks for your help!

My skink is too young to be sexed right now, and I haven't come up with a name yet.
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Postby Janella » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:18 pm

Awe, super cute. Ditto to Spashy07.
kayla990
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby kayla990 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:14 am

Very cute indeed! Do you know if you've got a Halmahera? The pattern looks nearly identical to our Halmahera (figured would mention it, since they need the higher end of the humidity spectrum; 80-90% on average). Sweet little guy :D
- Hons. Degree Animal Management -4 years volunteer in a Zoo -10 years volunteer in animal shelters -Enclosure enthusiast

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”