Scared in the morning

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Waldred
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Scared in the morning

Postby Waldred » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:12 am

Hi all,
I got my first blue tongue last saturday at Hamm, he is just the sweetest, never bites or hisses or anything despite being a Tanimbar.
But there is just one thing, in the morning and well into midday he seems to be afraid of us when we pass his cage. He hurries off deeper into his hide to 'hide from us'.
But in the evening/afternoon he comes out, and when he have heated up i believe, he loves attention and almost begs for us to come and entertain him....
Has this happened to any of you? and is it normal or am i keeping him wrong???

Have a nice day!
kingofnobbys
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Re: Scared in the morning

Postby kingofnobbys » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:49 am

Give him some time to observe you and learn that you mean him no harm.
Y33T
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Y33T » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:57 am

one of my easterns always does that and i had him for a year now. i don't really know why.
1.0.2 Tiliqua scincoides scincoides, Kirra, Bajo and Hestu <3
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:10 am

I've seen similar behavior in some of mine also, regardless of how long I have had them. Maybe their instincts tell them to beware at certain times of the day, some things only they will know and we will never figure it out.
Waldred
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Waldred » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:57 am

Thanks for the replies! :)

Yesterday we added a long, wide, green plastic plant with alot of green leaves on it... And this morning he was out basking instead of hiding in his log, not being scared at all, so i believe it made him way more comfortable in his enclosure :) Hope this behavior continues :)
K4p1nkrunch
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby K4p1nkrunch » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:38 pm

I havent had this happen but i wanted to mention the more hides, decor and/or plants(fake or not) provide comfort that a safe place is near by. Many reptiles show this behaviour
Good travels

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”