Bindi’s grown!

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Angel_BTS
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Bindi’s grown!

Postby Angel_BTS » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:07 pm

Hi everyone :D As you might know already, I recently joined this forum as I am new to owning reptiles, and am now the proud owner of my first Blue Tongue Skink. Just last night, I lifted up her reptile hide to check on her, and found a complete shed! In addition to this, she has also grown. She used to be the length of half my hand, but from head to tail she is now double the size. She’s a little bit huffy at the moment, so I’m thinking that that’s because of her shedding? For now, I’m leaving her be so that I don’t distress her if she doesn’t want to be handled right now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Bindi’s grown!

Postby splashy07 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:17 pm

They can get a bit hissy at shedding time and when disturbed while hiding. Beautiful Eastern, by the way.
Suzle87
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby Suzle87 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:43 pm

Aww she’s a stunner!! Thanks for sharing your picture!
Angel_BTS
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Angel_BTS » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:33 pm

splashy07 wrote:They can get a bit hissy at shedding time and when disturbed while hiding. Beautiful Eastern, by the way.

Thank you! Glad to hear that it’s normal during shedding time.
Angel_BTS
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Angel_BTS » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:35 pm

Suzle87 wrote:Aww she’s a stunner!! Thanks for sharing your picture!

Aww thank you!!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”