Hiding for 3 weeks, one month after coming out of brumation

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Skoll_21
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Hiding for 3 weeks, one month after coming out of brumation

Postby Skoll_21 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:40 am

Hi all. I have a an almost 2 year old Northern BTS and she came out of brumation mid-January and was her normal self until 3 weeks ago when she went into hiding and hasn't come out since.

She hasn't shed since coming out of brumation so I thought this was why she was hiding. But it's been 3 weeks now and I'm getting a bit worried.

3 days ago I went to check up on her, also to see if she had any stuck shed on her toes but she didn't seem to be shedding at all and seemed pretty normal. She obviously hissed at me for disturbing her but I hand-fed her a couple of snails to see if she would come out for more. She happily ate the ones I gave her but stayed in her cave.

On previous sheds she only hid for about a week, so I'm not sure if something's wrong with her.

What do you guys think?
Y33T
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Hiding for 3 weeks, one month after coming out of brumation

Postby Y33T » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:15 pm

she might still be in brumation. my 2 year old eastern took a while to come out til mid spring. he only comes out to eat or bask then spent the rest of the day hiding.
try raising the temps and see if she'll become more active.
1.0.2 Tiliqua scincoides scincoides, Kirra, Bajo and Hestu <3
Skoll_21
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Hiding for 3 weeks, one month after coming out of brumation

Postby Skoll_21 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:07 pm

When she was brumating she didn't come out at all (I didn't see her for 3 months). After that she spent a month coming out everyday, basking, eating and being her normal self. I mean, maybe she just decided to go back to brumation but I dunno.

I'll try raising the temps a bit then. Thanks!

UPDATE: Lagi finally came out, ate a bit (picked out the worms and left the veggies -__-), walked around and is now basking :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”