newbie: opinion needed on enclosure

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
mossyskink
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

newbie: opinion needed on enclosure

Postby mossyskink » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:32 pm

hey! so i'm considering getting a blue tongue (probably just a regular eastern, maybe a northern if I come across one)
The enclosure I'm looking at is this one https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/REPTILE-WOO ... 1438.l2649
in the dimensions of 120x50x40cm
my main question is, does this have enough ventilation? & do you think any of the included heat bulbs would be any good or should i purchase it from elsewhere? I'm kind of worried about heating equipment malfunctioning
thanks in advance!
Y33T
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: newbie: opinion needed on enclosure

Postby Y33T » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:16 am

oh hey i was getting those enclosures for mine. pretty sure the ventilation should be fine. if you're unsure you can drill some holes at the top or the back, or get some vents (bunnings might have them) and cut some holes for the vents to fit in, make sure they're tight bc i've heard that reptiles had escaped by pushing the vents out.
can't say much about the globes. have a digital thermometer or a temp gun to check if its not constantly over heating and install a safety cage over it in case it explodes.
1.0.2 Tiliqua scincoides scincoides, Kirra, Bajo and Hestu <3

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”