Misting query

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Suzle87
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Misting query

Postby Suzle87 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:03 am

Just set up my vivarium, currently seem to be getting awesome humidity in there (finally where I live and the constant wet weather is good for something!) but I was just wondering, when I do mist the viv to keep the humidity high do I still use water conditioner the same as I would in his drinking water? Or is just normal untreated tap water ok for this?
No doubt il have plenty more questions once I get my little guy home (Tuesday) so thanks for all of your help.
kayla990
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Re: Misting query

Postby kayla990 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:00 pm

I think there's no right or wrong answer here :D If your water is fine for drinking straight from the tap I'd presume that it wouldn't be a problem using it for humidity purposes. We prefer to use reverse osmosis water as there is less residue left from the spray/fogger along with that type of water being more suitable for the live plants. In some ways I'd say to use a water conditioner to be on the safe side, but it's up to you!
- Hons. Degree Animal Management -4 years volunteer in a Zoo -10 years volunteer in animal shelters -Enclosure enthusiast
Suzle87
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby Suzle87 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:41 pm

Thanks for that kayla, I’m in the better safe than sorry camp like you so I shall use water conditioner just to be on the safe side as you say. Thankyou for helping :)
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:13 pm

Like previously mentioned, if your tap is drinkable (definitely not the case here!) it should be fine....water filter on the faucet here or we'd all be drinking battery acid.
Suzle87
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby Suzle87 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:40 am

Ah okay, thanks for that Splashy07.
It is fine to drink here so should be fine then, thanks very much for all responses I appreciate it.
And I am SOOOOOOOO excited to go pick up my little guy tomorrow, I will try and post some pics of his vivarium and him once he is settled.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:45 am

I know the feeling. No matter how many you have (currently 13 here) the excitement is the same every time. And I can't even describe the feeling during baby season!
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Postby Janella » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:51 am

Can't wait to see your new skink!
Suzle87
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby Suzle87 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:52 am

Aww that’s really nice, thankyou.
I’ll get some pics up ASAP! :ohyes:
Suzle87
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby Suzle87 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:03 pm

Janella wrote:Can't wait to see your new skink!

Here are some photos of Ventress, first day home and he’s being rather brave!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Postby Janella » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:33 pm

Awe, what a cutie. Congratulations!
kayla990
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby kayla990 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:36 pm

Adorable! So cute how he's already out and about :D Looks like he's an Irian Jaya (I'm still learning ID's, but relatively confident). Enjoy your little cutie!
- Hons. Degree Animal Management -4 years volunteer in a Zoo -10 years volunteer in animal shelters -Enclosure enthusiast
Suzle87
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby Suzle87 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:50 pm

kayla990 wrote:Adorable! So cute how he's already out and about :D Looks like he's an Irian Jaya (I'm still learning ID's, but relatively confident). Enjoy your little cutie!

Thankyou, yeh he’s still exploring now and it’s nearly time for bed! He definitely isn’t timid haha. Thanks for all your help, il post more pics when he’s settled in more
Suzle87
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby Suzle87 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:51 pm

Janella wrote:Awe, what a cutie. Congratulations!

Thankyou and thanks for your help :)
Szereza
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Szereza » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:33 pm

Suzle87 wrote:Here are some photos of Ventress, first day home and he’s being rather brave!

Congratulations! Ventress is beautiful! I brought mine home today (yesterday - past midnight, haha) and heee! Nice to meet another UK Bluey owner! *highfive*
Suzle87
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby Suzle87 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:48 pm

Szereza wrote:
Suzle87 wrote:Here are some photos of Ventress, first day home and he’s being rather brave!

Congratulations! Ventress is beautiful! I brought mine home today (yesterday - past midnight, haha) and heee! Nice to meet another UK Bluey owner! *highfive*

:thumbs: *highfive* can’t wait to see some pics of yours! What have you named him?
Szereza
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Szereza » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:53 am

Suzle87 wrote::thumbs: *highfive* can’t wait to see some pics of yours! What have you named him?

I've named him Linus! You can see some pictures of him inbetween Aaron's gorgeous Axanthics as well here: http://www.bluetongueskinks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=30893

But I did just find this picture on my phone, so here he is:

I'm looking forward to the weekend so I can take some more pictures with hopefully, some bright daylight! ;D

Lil' gif of Linus eating a raspberry!
Last edited by Szereza on Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Suzle87
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby Suzle87 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:03 am

Szereza wrote:
Suzle87 wrote::thumbs: *highfive* can’t wait to see some pics of yours! What have you named him?

I've named him Linus! You can see some pictures of him inbetween Aaron's gorgeous Axanthics as well here: http://www.bluetongueskinks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=30893

But I did just find this picture on my phone, so here he is:

I'm looking forward to the weekend so I can take some more pictures with hopefully, some bright daylight! ;D

Bless Him!! he's so cute!! definitely a relative of Ventress somehow, they look similar. Yes i will hopefully get more pics at weekend aswell, so I shall look forward to seeing more of yours.
I'm at work currently and just want to go home and hang out with Ventress instead haha!
Szereza
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Szereza » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:00 am

Suzle87 wrote:Bless Him!! he's so cute!! definitely a relative of Ventress somehow, they look similar. Yes i will hopefully get more pics at weekend aswell, so I shall look forward to seeing more of yours.
I'm at work currently and just want to go home and hang out with Ventress instead haha!

I'm the same! I'm stuck at work too.. really looking forward to going home back to Linus! I hope he's okay! :mrgreen:
Suzle87
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby Suzle87 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:21 am

Szereza wrote:
Suzle87 wrote:Bless Him!! he's so cute!! definitely a relative of Ventress somehow, they look similar. Yes i will hopefully get more pics at weekend aswell, so I shall look forward to seeing more of yours.

I'm the same! I'm stuck at work too.. really looking forward to going home back to Linus! I hope he's okay! :mrgreen:

Im considering looking into getting a webcam so i can get sneaky peeks of what Ventress is up to when im not there haha, If i find one I will let you know!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”