Vitamin Supplements

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Suzle87
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Vitamin Supplements

Postby Suzle87 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:37 am

Hi Again all,
I was just wondering what vitamin supplements you guys suggest using for your bts? I have got a calcium supplement, and he will be getting D3 from the UVB but just wondered what else people recommend?
All suggestions welcome!
Thankyou very much :thumbs:
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Vitamin Supplements

Postby splashy07 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:48 am

I use Rep-cal with D3 and Nekton Multi-Rep. Swear by those products for many years. Have not once had a deficiency of any kind.
Suzle87
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby Suzle87 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:30 am

splashy07 wrote:I use Rep-cal with D3 and Nekton Multi-Rep. Swear by those products for many years. Have not once had a deficiency of any kind.

Thanks for that Splashy07 , I will have a look at that one, would you still give one with D3 if you have UVB?
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:06 am

I do not trust artificial lighting no matter what the claim. I used to breed and raise bearded dragons and had the most expensive and newest UVB lighting on the market at the time, was constantly updating, and some still came down with MBD. Switched over to plain old lighting and supplements, and not a single incident since. No matter who says what, supplements work. I no longer breed dragons, but this is my third year breeding BTs and have raised countless babies. When I first started raising BTs, I did a little experiment. Raised a few with UVB and a few without. No difference. They did all get the same food, though, WITH supplements. I know where they all are now, and have grown into big healthy adults, some of which are now breeding.
There are many opinions on this, I am only stating my own observations from experience. It is by no means gospel, but I go by what is tried and true by me.
Suzle87
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby Suzle87 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:41 am

splashy07 wrote:I do not trust artificial lighting no matter what the claim. I used to breed and raise bearded dragons and had the most expensive and newest UVB lighting on the market at the time, was constantly updating, and some still came down with MBD. Switched over to plain old lighting and supplements, and not a single incident since. No matter who says what, supplements work. I no longer breed dragons, but this is my third year breeding BTs and have raised countless babies. When I first started raising BTs, I did a little experiment. Raised a few with UVB and a few without. No difference. They did all get the same food, though, WITH supplements. I know where they all are now, and have grown into big healthy adults, some of which are now breeding.
There are many opinions on this, I am only stating my own observations from experience. It is by no means gospel, but I go by what is tried and true by me.

Thanks for the info, can you give them too much d3 though, that would be my only concern with the light and d3 supplement but if he needs the extra then I’m happy to give him that aswell.
Thanks for all your help so far

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”