looking at new enclosure options

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
BlackR0se
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

looking at new enclosure options

Postby BlackR0se » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:17 am

So Right now i have my Northern in a large 75 gal fish tank that is 36'' x 15'' foot printed i want to get something better for my little one before she gets to much bigger. and would love peoples thoughts. see below, i was thinking of getting this Rabbit Hutch and putting plexy on instead of the wire for the doors and putting some vent holes in the top, heat on top right and colder water dish area bottom left. my little one has not issues climbing over you log and should be able to crawl up the ramp if i extend it down to the floor but what do you all think?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: looking at new enclosure options

Postby splashy07 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:50 am

Well, for one I do not like wood because it cannot be sanitized. For a little more money you could buy a cage from animal plastics or reptile basics that would not need any modifications.
BlackR0se
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby BlackR0se » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:58 am

OK Thanks any recommendation on which ones to get? all the ones with front openings ive seen seem to small..... im not quite sure what to get or where to put it. my fish tank is on its own custom made stand. but what ever i buy ill also have to buy a stand for it. thats way i thought of the bunny hutch ....
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:13 am

Go on their sites and check them out, I have 8 cages from Animal Plastics, they come in many different dimensions to meet your needs. Durable and easy to clean cages for just about any reptile.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”