Anyone else has self conscious skinks?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Hannasue
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Anyone else has self conscious skinks?

Postby Hannasue » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:14 pm

Hi guys, so Today i put my skinks food in her terrarium and went back to continue my homework. I glanced over and she realized i was watching her eat, stopped and slithered out of my sight. She usually lets me watch but i just thought it was so funny. She even gave me that “crap dont judge me” look. Good times. Wondering of anyone else has similat stories.
Hannahsammeli
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Anyone else has self conscious skinks?

Postby Hannahsammeli » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:11 pm

Teeheeee! Yes! Not all the time like you said though... it’s almost like a game every once in a while, he’ll see me seeing him and book it. Lol but most times he is basking and observing and eating lots, if not physically out and about in the house. These types of lizards are silly for sure! :lol:
Y33T
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Y33T » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:29 pm

mine is fine with me watching him eat but he stops when someone else is watching lol. one time my mum comes in he froze with a whole snail in his mouth.
1.0.2 Tiliqua scincoides scincoides, Kirra, Bajo and Hestu <3
Taliats
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Taliats » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:43 pm

When mine basks, she is in a complete world of her own almost in a trance, I can do anything around her (Mess with the substrate, make noise, move things around in her viv etc) and she won't snap out of it at all but the moment I touch her, she goes mad and starts tongue flicking everywhere before going to flee.

It's almost as if she really enjoys basking to a point where it puts her in a trance but doesn't like it when I see her doing it.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:11 am

I think they have their moods just like we do. There are times I can reach right in and pet their heads and others they bolt when I enter the room. I guess sometimes they aren't dressed to be seen yet! I do find it hilarious, as my oldest is seven and she sometimes does it.
Herpin Man
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Herpin Man » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:47 pm

A couple of my pink tongues don't eat when I am watching.
I also have certain other reptiles and amphibians that won't eat when I'm watching. I think it's common.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”