My Bluey Passed Away Suddenly

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
BalthazarsMom
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

My Bluey Passed Away Suddenly

Postby BalthazarsMom » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:50 pm

Hi Everyone,

Last night, my blue tongue, Balthazar died suddenly, and I'm devastated. He's been my little buddy for seven years. I'm shocked, and I don't know what happened. Back before he first came into my life, I read everything about care, and all seemed perfect up until now. Last night he was active, drinking water. He's been eating fine (a varied diet). He loves his heat lamp and it doesn't get too cold here at night (we live in SoCal). Then this morning my husband wakes up to him just gone. He wasn't breathing strangely or sneezing. There was no obvious signs of lethargy or infection or any abscesses anywhere. Even now, he looks healthy, my poor baby. I don't know what could have happened to him, and I can't stop crying. He was so loved and a part of this family. I was sure we'd have him around for many, many more years to come. I know that they can have seizures, but I've never seen him have one. I suppose that could have happened, but I just don't know. I've scoured the internet for something that makes sense and haven't found a thing. We didn't change his diet or introduce anything new. There's no obvious red flag. I'm feeling really lost and sad right now.
Y33T
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: My Bluey Passed Away Suddenly

Postby Y33T » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:28 pm

you could try and take him to the vet for an autopsy to find out what caused his death.
i'm really sorry for your loss. :'(
1.0.2 Tiliqua scincoides scincoides, Kirra, Bajo and Hestu <3
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Postby Janella » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:44 pm

First and foremost I am so very sorry for your loss. You have to be absolutely devastated and I can't even imagine what your going through. My deepest condolences. As was suggested you could have a necropsy done on him to try to figure out cause of death. Sending hugs
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:04 am

My condolences. So very sorry. Try and have that necropsy done. I am as curious as you are. I have never heard of this happening with a bluey, although it did happen to me with an iguana years back. Again, my sincerest condolences.
kayla990
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby kayla990 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 pm

Awww :( not much to add onto what others have said.. but deepest sympathies. That must have been such a huge shock - especially since there was no sign of any illness. So sorry that happened!
- Hons. Degree Animal Management -4 years volunteer in a Zoo -10 years volunteer in animal shelters -Enclosure enthusiast
xXxBORISxXx
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby xXxBORISxXx » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:13 am

Nothing more to add, just wanted to say I am so sorry for your loss. Pets really are like family and blueys are a pretty special pet. So sorry ):

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”