Different Nose Scale Formation

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
EricaLikeBurrito
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Different Nose Scale Formation

Postby EricaLikeBurrito » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:40 pm

I had noticed that my skink's nose scales have a different formation. There seems to be an extra scale in between his nostrils. Messed up scale? Mutation? What do you guys think?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Different Nose Scale Formation

Postby splashy07 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:33 am

Interesting. I think I want to go home and take another look at mine!
kayla990
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Re: Different Nose Scale Formation

Postby kayla990 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:54 pm

Aww lovely skink!

And pretty interesting; thought would show a comparison to the nose scales on ours - seems to be just one large scale!

So quite possible that's a mutation :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Hons. Degree Animal Management -4 years volunteer in a Zoo -10 years volunteer in animal shelters -Enclosure enthusiast

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”