Cage Questions

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Blue tongues love
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Cage Questions

Postby Blue tongues love » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:51 am

Hello Everyone, I am new to the forum and would like to introduce myself. I am Gracie, I love all reptiles very much. My dream pet is a blue tongue skink. I will be getting one later this year but have a few questions. My dad is building a reptile shelf for all of my reptiles to go in, but the shelf will only be about 11 inches deep. Would a cage that is 60"x11"x10" be an okay size for a bts? Should I keep the cage somewhere else? Thank you for anyone who can help me. :D
Bryson26
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Cage Questions

Postby Bryson26 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:21 pm

The bare minimum for a bts would be 36x18x18 so the length is good but the wideness is not
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:32 am

Agree with Bryson, too narrow but great length. Some can grow up to 24" and that just wont work. Large hides and water bowls would not fit well either.
Blue tongues love
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Blue tongues love » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:26 am

splashy07 wrote:Agree with Bryson, too narrow but great length. Some can grow up to 24" and that just wont work. Large hides and water bowls would not fit well either.

Thank you for your help. I agree that large hides and water bowls wont fit well. I will most likely just get a large custom tank for it and keep it somewhere else.
Blue tongues love
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Blue tongues love » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:26 am

Bryson26 wrote:The bare minimum for a bts would be 36x18x18 so the length is good but the wideness is not

Thank you for the help
Bryson26
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Bryson26 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:40 am

No problem :thumbs:

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”