Ordered my first BTS

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Goomba
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Ordered my first BTS

Postby Goomba » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:27 pm

Just wanted to say thanks. Ive read lots of information over the past couple months and everyone has been great. Ive decided to order a northern, but it wont be coming until the weather clears up since its rather cold here in the upper Midwest. I have most of everything ready.
enclosure - 36x18x12 Exo Terra
substrate - Decided to do 3/4 aspen and 1/4 timothy hay
heating - I ordered Zilla mini dome to see if it will get my hot spot warm enough on 50w and heat pad for cool side on thermostat
I still have to some searching around me for what pet foods are available at the pet stores around me. I have some mom and pop type stores you could call them I guess they might have some different brands. I know for the most part it should be grain free and no fish. So any help here would be awesome. I did try to look at some of the labels but to be honest it went over my head didn't know what some of the item were and want to try to provide quality food for price I can find. I do plan on picky up some bluey buffet ive heard very good things about it. That is my update ill keep you posted when it gets shipped and pictures when it arrives.
Leigti
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Ordered my first BTS

Postby Leigti » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:48 pm

As far as brands ago, if you’re getting a baby or juvenile you should get cat food. Halo, wellness core, natural balance. All grain free and no fish like you said. If you’re getting an adult then go with dog food.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”