Posters/refelction

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
BlueTongueBoris
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Posters/refelction

Postby BlueTongueBoris » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:52 pm

Alright, so my skink has this weird relationship with paper/posters. I am moving into a new room and I have posters on the ground. When he walks on top of paper or posters he'll try to eat it, but I just fed him yesterday, and I offered him some food and he didn't want it. I don't know what it is with paper but I just wanted to know if that was normal. Another thing is that when he is near metal like my Vacuum cleaner (not on), and my office chair, he tries to bite it. I don't know if it's because of his reflection or something.
Y33T
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Posters/refelction

Postby Y33T » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:03 am

Have you fed him live insects recently? Maybe he mistook the movements of his reflection as prey. Mine attacks anything even if they aren’t moving right after I fed him crickets.
1.0.2 Tiliqua scincoides scincoides, Kirra, Bajo and Hestu <3
BlueTongueBoris
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby BlueTongueBoris » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:31 pm

Y33T wrote:Have you fed him live insects recently? Maybe he mistook the movements of his reflection as prey. Mine attacks anything even if they aren’t moving right after I fed him crickets.

I haven't fed him crickets.. :/
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:24 am

I can't really answer your question, but can say it's not odd. Mine have tried to eat their water bowl, basking rock, furniture you name it. They're like little toddlers wanting to put everything in their mouths. And to say they are fed well is an understatement. I've seen this with bearded dragons too, and also iguanas.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”